Tuesday 27 May 2014

Rad the man

Yelllooo me maties!

Over the last week I've been re-watching one of Rad Sechrist's old lectures (If you don't know who Rad is I'll put all the links at the bottom).

He's brilliant and has some superb stuff on his blog too. He was asked about how to draw a good freehand circle, and one of his mentors a long time ago got him a massive wad of paper, and made him draw a whole lot of circles. So I was playing around, and ended up playing with bubbles


But aside from that, there was also a point he made about how sometimes people scribble a super rough idea first, it just looks like a blob, and then draw out from that. So that's where the girl above playing with bubbles was born from. I really like the technic, adds spontaneity to the workflow for sure! TRY IT! :D

Rad: a storyboard artist at Dreamworks.
Rad's Blog: Rad How To
LECTURE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, please come back again soon :D