Sunday 1 February 2015

Blame Canada!


Blame Canada on the length of time it has taken me to post an update on here.

The past month or so has been craaaaazy. It all started on Christmas-eve-eve when we found out we were heading to Montreal.

My boyfriend and I both got jobs as Animators at L'Atelier Animation on a full CG feature film called Ballerina! I was sad to leave Framestore behind, but I learnt so much from that experience, and I wanted to try something new.


Not only has it been my dream to work on a CG feature, and get in deep with character based work, but the animation director is none other than Ted Ty, and we just could not pass up the opportunity to learn from him. I was even going to be Taking Ted's class at iAnimate at this time, if we hadn't got the job.

If you don't know about the project, or the Animation Director, I've linked to them at the bottom of this post.

We've been living here for two weeks now, and I absolutely love it here. It's in the ridiculous minus temperatures, and there's snow everywhere.

To keep inspired, I'm going to be getting more involved in my drawing, painting and sculpting in my spare time, as I have more of that out here.

Anyway, just a quick update, and hopefully I will get the time to update you guys with lots more arty/animationy inspiration, and project news :)

Depending on where you are in the world, good morning, good evening and good night!

Links, as promised:
Ted Ty

Ballerina (2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, please come back again soon :D