Tuesday 14 October 2014

Inspired by

So this week I was overwhelmingly inspired by Deisign's post about his character design for the new Animation Mentor character Aia.

I hope he doesn't mind linking one of his pages here:


Whilst I've been making my short film Cat and Moth, I've found it a challenge to correctly portray to the rigger how exactly I need the rig to work. We are creating a solution at the moment, where the rig will have separate editions depending on what needs to happen in particular shots, as we don't want a super heavy rig that accommodates for absolutely everything. However, this rig sheet above has inspired me to make much more complex and detailed drawings to communicate what I want in a much clearer layout.  Thank you for the post, it was very inspirational.

As per usual, inspiration can be found anywhere, so remember to always put aside a little time each day to explore and discover, try things you've never done before, try out something completely different, it'll add to the mind bank.

You could buy a ton of random magazines, based around cooking, fishing, art, photography, animals and find pictures that inspire you to create. You could join a club or go to a convention you wouldn't usually go to. It gives you a little window into a whole other world, and you never know what you make create from that!

To check out Deisign's site go here http://www.deisign.com/ and to read the full post go here (I highly recommend you do) http://www.deisign.com/2014/10/animation-mentor-crew-characters.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, please come back again soon :D